Re: Webers or Spica?

At 01:56 AM 11/20/02 +0000, you wrote:

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:47:34 -0800
From: "James P. Reza" <jpreza@domain.elided>
Subject: Webers or Spica?

Wondering: if your car was a 1969 Berlina preserved/restored to a
very high standard, would you choose a perfectly in-tune Spica system
or a similarly tight dual Weber set up? My car currently has dual
Webers, but the entire Spica is in a box and the pump appears
unmolested.

We're not talking about cost here; I'd just like to hear opinions of
the two fuel delivery systems when each is operating at its optimum
performance.
I've come full circle, now prefer the drivability and economy of the Spica to the Webers. But I'm experienced with the '73, not the early '69 spica system. Other variables (cams, ignition, timing, driving environment, who does the maintenance) will mitigate this assessment. Both systems have their advantages and shortcomings. YMMV - fer sure.

//kct