The continuing Newbie saga...

Once more, I have to begin with a huge thanks to everyone who has gone out of
their way to send useful comments both on and off list.  I have received over
30 emails and I try to personally reply to everyone who personally emails me,
so please dont be offended if I havent personally acknowldeged your message
yet - i will get to all of them.

It certainly sounds like the Georgia car is the frankenstein I was trying to
avoid - at least I know about this all before cash has changed hands.  If the
inspection comes back positive from Spruell, I may offer the seller a lowball
price that he will inevitably reject.  If he bites, then hey, I may be the
proud owner of an alfa romeo "composito."

If this car falls through, I have unearted another option, which ironically
represents a philosophical opposite to the Georgia car.  There is a red 69 GTV
on offer in PA with approx 55k original miles and records to substantiate.
First of all the price is more decent (~12,500) and it is a one-owner car.  So
on one hand, i've considered a car with questionable history and no records
and now one with seemingly excellent provenance.  The PA car is naturally
billed as "in perfect condition" but I recognize that the maintenance issues
associated with an all-original unrestored car are completely different than
one thats been gone over at least once.  Honestly, the two prongs of this
dilemma are both very appealing, either a good (though unoriginal) driver for
the street and track, or a car that has been documented since new with all
desireablility of an unmolested example.

Well, for the time being, I'm awaiting photos from the PA seller, so as I know
more you all will be the first to find out.

Again, many thanks
Jim