RE: Audi flips

Stacy

Just because the car's not had an aero engineer work on it or been crash
tested doesn't mean it's inherently unsafe. To whit, every car built until
some time in the last few decades.

No normal road car is going to flip due to aerodynamic effects at legal road
speeds.

as far as the Audi at Le Mans is concerned, you may also recall the various
"escapades" or Mercedes Benz, Porsche and a few others in the last few
years.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns06332.html

I'm amazed that the designers appear to have no interest in the aerodynamics
at work when the car gets broadside to the airflow, as that's guaranteed to
happen sooner or later.

nk

> Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 04:54:16 -0800
> From: Stacy Faught <slfaught@domain.elided>