1600 vs. 1750 height

Finding a complete Euro 1750 front cover that provides for a mechanical pump
is for-sure the way to go to install a 1750 in a carbureted 1600 chassis.
But as Russ mentioned, that can be tough in the US.

Another option is to use the 1600 front cover and fittings, allowing use of
a mechanical fuel pump, and making a spacer to take up the vertical distance
between the top of the front cover and the bottom of the head. I've seen
this done a couple times by the Norman Racing guys.  I'm unsure whether they
attached it by just "trapping" it with the from-the-bottom head bolts, or if
it go welded to the front cover. You'd want to check to make sure the oil
and water passages, cam sprockets, etc. all lined up, but I think they do.

Another item to recall is that if you have a mechanical-clutch car, the easy
way to work out the clutch disparity is to bolt the 1600 flywheel onto the
1750 crankshaft, then use a 1600 clutch, TO bearing, spacer, and
bellhousing/trans.  It's all a straight bolt-in fit.  I have this setup in
my Giulia Super.

Andrew Watry
Berlina Register