james@domain.elided

At 12:53 AM +0000 11/15/02, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:14:26 -0500
From: James Cook <james@domain.elided>
Subject: Milano Gold - Question #2

'87 Milano Gold

My understanding is that the 2.5L engine delievers max power at about
5600rpm, but my rev limiter kicks in at around 4250rpm.
Is this normal?

No. Peak power should be 5500RPM, the limiter should be 6400RPM. It's likely that your tach is lagging severely. If you're really at 4250RPM, look for ignition problems. My car had a general electrical fault (main junction between battery, alternator, and the rest of the car was VERY dirty) that prevented the coil from getting enough juice to rev over 4000RPM once. That problem eventually got so bad that the car wouldn't start in the middle of the night, at Dairy Mart. My luck being what it is, that was the night the Dairy Mart caught on fire, and the owner was pretty pissed when he told me to move my car for the fire trucks and I told him it wouldn't start.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6