Compression checks and such

Whilst you are all hypothetically at 14,000 feet taking compression
checks (presumably on your Alfa Romeo's engine), I feel you have all
skipped by an extremely important 'side issue' asked by Russ Neely back
in #21. His question, which I must admit I find Considerably more
intriguing than the original one, let alone the myriad answers, is as
follows: "If a man says something on a mountain top and there is no
woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?"

My immediate response was 'Of Course!' On the other hand, when one
compares his provocative question with the proverbial tree and bear, not
to mention the Pope logic questions, there is a possibility, however
slim...

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA