More hardtop travails

<sigh...>
Okay, so I'm STILL having problems getting my eBay purchased Quad-style
hardtop mounted to the car. Wonder of wonders, I was able to find the J-hooks
IN STOCK at Alfa Parts in Berkely, so I'm set there. However, I think I'm
still missing something - like a bracket of some type that attaches to the
hardtop itself. All I have are two threaded holes, with nothing attached to
them, and thus nothing that the J-hooks can screw into. For that matter, I'm
having a hard time seeing what the hook part of the J-hook attaches to - does
it just hook under the softtop frame, or what? I have the hooks that attach to
the chrome trunk strips, so I'm set there.

If anyone has a picture of the hardware necessary to get the J-hooks attached
and / or a description of the brackets needed (I'm willing to try fabricating
something at this point) it would be most appreciated. This car's gonna have
to get me through the long winter, and it'd sure be nice to have the rear
defroster working.

Thanks in advance,
Jason Arrington
jarrington@domain.elided