My new Milano

The fleet grows!

Recently my need for a second winter car met up with a well-worn '87 Milano
Gold and so far, the two seem very happy together.

As for me, I am delighted to have an Alfa for a daily driver that doesn't
make me feel gulity when I drive it to work (my '71 GTV is just too damned
precious) and I am also thrilled to learn and love another interpretation of
the Alfa ideology.

My questions are these...

01. Three times now, after just starting the engine, I've heard a low
frequency howl from the transaxle region. The first time I actually thought
it was a jet taking off overhead until I touched the throttle and it
diminished.
Aside from the always-present whirring of the driveshaft that sings along
with the engine, there are no other obvious sounds or indicators of trouble.

Any thoughts?

02. Next question not unlike our recent Verde upgrade thread, but the low
budget version.
Is there anything useful but cheap ( or free) that can be done to add
driving pleasure?

The car is bone-stock with the exception of 15" wheels which I think came
from a Platinum?

What about lowering on stock springs? Seems to sit quite high now.
Needs new tires ( Michelin XGT V4 195/55 currently) - any recommendations?
Any other fun notions are welcome.

Chers,
--
James Cook - Toronto