racist diatribes and shaving

Since the trend has been for an all out opinion-fest lately, I feel
comfortable enough sharing mine.  A little while back there was a thread
concerning the soul, or lack of, in certain automobiles.  Many suggested that
Japanese made cars don't have it, while one brave soul ventured that maybe
they do but as Occidentals we don't understand it.  It just doesn't matter to
them.  The market for cars with soul (us) is far smaller than the market for
cars that provide basic transportation at a price point which sells.  I drove
a 1984 Mazda GLC sedan practically into the ground.  It would start up after
months of sitting.  The fitments both exterior and interior pretty much
rotted off the car.  This car was under powered, front wheel drive, and had
no soul.  It also refused to die.  I practically gave it away to someone who
was willing to make the necessary repairs to keep it on the street.  Maybe it
refused to die because having no soul it had nowhere else to go.  Cheers to
you CM Smith for your post in #25.  I agree with you wholeheartedly whatever
our differences about the NHL.  Personally, I haven't found any Japanese car
that I would want to own that I can afford, but, flame away if you must, used
BMW's have satisfied my need for reliability and performance, and I had a
blast with a Saab 96 for a while.  Even driving a 1970 Beetle is fun in its
own way, and that car definitely has soul.
Regarding the saving of razor blades, I am guilty of not shaving unless I
have to go to work, or I get irritated enough of the scruffle to eliminate
it.  While this saves money on blades it is not the primary reason for not
shaving.
Now, what I really want to know is whatever happened to the response about
tips on refurbishing the drive shaft u-joints, center bushing and bearing,
flex joint, and transmission mount.  Someone earlier had posted the question,
but I don't remember any digest response.  This is for a 1971 spider.  In
addition, the lower stud for the exhaust manifold on the #3 cylinder seems to
be snapped off at the block.  What should I do about it?
Thanks a ton, Brian.
'71 spider
Denton, Texas.