Re: Commpression checks

Fred Said:
> > Here is one to kick around, if I get a high reading at sea level, then
> > drive up to  a 14,000 foot mountain top.  would I get a higher or lower
> > reading then?   Fred

Jim Joined in :
> With all the physics knowledge it takes to be a Graphic Designer, I should be
> able to answer this one. (what's that in my cheek? well, my tongue of course)
> I think it would be the same reading. Because you are measuring a closed
> volume.

I will add:
That with all the physics knowledge it takes to be a kitchen cabinet salesman..... It appears that the compression reading would
depend on the material compressed.. At sea level a container full of ambient pressure, sealed and tested would read greater
compression than the same container closed full of ambient air at  20,000 feet.  This assumes the piston moves the same distance in
both tests.

Less dense air compresses more easily then dense air.   Thats why you want cold air intake rather than hot air.

Or something like that....

Nick
Guessing wildly in Apex, NC