Alfa 146 central locking

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone out there has had problems with their Alfa
central locking.
I drive an 1998 Alfa 146 1.6 T.Spark which has had its share of eventful
problems over the past few years.
I would say I have been driven to both laughter and tears by my car, but then
again owning an Alfa is a love affair.
The most recent of my problems is the central locking.

Frequently I lock the doors but find on returning to the Car that all doors
are open.
You can imagine my first reactions were "Did I really lock the doors or am I
going senile"?
In fact I found out that I did lock the doors and I wasn't going senile.

I can best describe the problem as follows:
I lock the doors with the key and turn around to walk away.
Suddenly all doors start opening and closing by themselves.
I initially thought the central locking relay was the problem but I have now
focused on the Passenger locking mechanism as the possible culprit.
My next step is to strip down the passenger door and investigate any
mechanical problems with the locking mechanism as it is a little stiffer than
the drivers door when locked from that side of the car.

On a separate note: I realized last week that as far as my neighbors are
concerned my car nor I are a good Advert for Alfa Romeo.
On average once a month I have the bonnet up poking around or again most
recently I had the entire dash ripped out and plonked on my front driveway
whilst trying to find the root cause of my central heading fan not working.

Its great fun really?

Anyway, if anyone has had the same problem with central locking I would be
interested in hearing from you.
Thanks,
Brian.