Re: alfa-digest V9 #14

--- alfa-digest <owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

> alfa-digest         Monday, November 11 2002
> Volume 09 : Number 014
>

> Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 01:23:14 -0800
> From: Jon Pike <jhpike@domain.elided>
> Subject: Which shop manual to get?
>
> Hello All..
>
> > I already have:
> "The Alfa Owners Bible"  Pat Braden
> an Autobook shop manual for 60's thru early 70's
> cars,  Kenneth Ball

>    Very good start.  Lots of good info
>
> Then there are the CarDisks..  >
>
>  What's the best bang
> for buck?
>
>    I have the Car disc for the Gtv6 and Milano.  I
think that it is a great bang for the buck.  It has
shop manuals supplements and even brochures and
postcards from when the cars were new.  I know that
those won't help you rebuild an engine, but are cool
nonetheless.

    Anytime I am working on an old car, I buy any and
all info available.  It's just better to have more
info than less.  Then, you can make your own judgments
from your own experience.

   Example:  I have an 84 Volvo 240 wagon.  I have
THREE manuals for it.  Each manual had a different
procedure for the adjustment of the front wheel
bearings!!!  Add to that the way that I was originally
taught to adjust wheel bearings and that makes FOUR
opinions.
                   Good luck,  Have a great day,
                                    Mark
http://launch.yahoo.com/u2