Re: badges

Tricky subject, as 20-30 year old cars are frequently modified in
subtle ways.

The IAP catalog has photos of the badges, with years.  One metal enamel
badge has the wreath and Milano.  It comes in two flavors, differing only
in the mounting pins (threaded studs up to '60, unthreaded pins after),
and it's listed for '50-'82.

The IAP catalog also has "original-type" badges, which show Milano up
through '72, then no Milano with a wreath up through '82, then no wreath
and a larger diameter (75mm v. 55mm) from there on.

Reading between the lines, it looks like the metal badge with threaded
studs was only used up through '60, and plastic pin-back badges were
used through '82, when all badges were glue-on.  The Milano disappeared
after '72, but the metal Milano badge is available for later cars,
but wasn't used originally.  This matches what Braden says in his book,
so it looks like a '67 should say Milano, on a pin-back plastic badge,
if you want to be picky.

james montebello