Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 00:13:07 +0000
From: JeffreyOlson@domain.elided
Subject: Ducati 750 Paso Limited?

A little off topic BUT...

Anyone have experience with this bike? Have an opportunity to trade one of my Spiders for an '88 Ducati 750 Paso Limited.

Jeff

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 16:26:14 -0800
From: "Sebastian Sittig" <ssittig@domain.elided>
Subject: Looking for a 2L GTV

I'm looking for a 2L GTV to add to the garage. Does anyone have any
leads for a solid vehicle in the Seattle area?

Thanks,

Sebastian

From: "Nick Koleszar" <npk@domain.elided>
Subject: RE: Ducati 750 Paso

Jeff

I know it's Italian, has a glorious-sounding V-twin motor and the usual
sublime character. However, it's probably the least loved Ducati of all
time. I've no first-hand experience of them but, from what I've read, they
are underpowered, beset by reliability problems (especially the electrics)
and I think they have suspect handling, too, due to small front wheel but I
may be wrong about the last bit. I think the larger engined Paso, the 906,
was the foundation for the line that eventually became the 851 and 888
superbikes and led directly to Ducati's almost wholesale re-creation of the
biking industry and turned biking into a sexy thing again instead of the
dirty, grungy, outlaw kind of lifestyle that has been the perception of the
non-biking public for the last while.

I think the 750 Paso is the last Ducati I would choose to own. Have a look
at reviews on the web. I may be wrong and you may end up finding that owning
any Ducati is better than not owning one but I think you may find that the
Paso provides all of the real and perceived horrors of Ducati ownership with
nearly none of the benefits. There are, of course, devout fans of the bike
(http://www.ducatipaso.org/), but then again, there seem to be devout fans
of almost anything, no matter how horrifying
(http://members.aol.com/acicars/acihome.htm,
http://www.princessandambassador.btinternet.co.uk/, etc....).

I certainly love the style of the graphics on the 80s Dukes. If it's a
Limited or Sport, things may be different.....