Re: ETCC

In a message dated 11/5/2002 8:24:17 AM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> But the SECOND heat! They handicapped the Alfas
> >by putting them at the back of the pack and they had to work their way
> >up to the front again which they handedly did in the first 6 laps to
> >leave all of the BMWs in the dust!
>
> this two part format where they invert the field for the second race is as
> far as i know, pretty standard for european touring car racing.

In addition, in the BTCC the winners of the first (sprint) race are given a
weight penalty by adding up to 40 kilos (about 85 lbs. for our metric
challenged friends) to the winning car (that is what they added to the
winning car), less to the follow up cars.  Also, in the BTCC, there is a
required pit stop during the second race.

Jerry in Houston