Cleaning radiator overflow bottle

Hey cats,

Anyone have any tips on cleaning out the inside
of a cruddy overflow bottle? I got one on ebay
to replace mine that melted at the Sears Point
track day and since it's in my hands, I'd like to
clean it out as best as possible. It's soaking
in soap water now, but that isn't doing much.

And is wrapping in aluminum foil before
installing a good idea for protection against the
heat of the manifold?

Thanks,
Stefano
Oakland, CA