RE: Ducati 750 Paso Limited?

Hi Jeff,

I do.  Revolutionary bike but hampered in many ways by some design
oddities.  They're beautiful of course, but performace is not up to par
with contemporary Japanese machines.  The biggest problems with them are
carburetion (they never ran properly with the Single Dellorto or
whatever it was) and more importantly, the front wheel.  There are no
good 16 inch front tires available, and there are a scarcity of ANY 16
inch front tires.  Upgrading to 17 inch wheels is costly and alters the
geometry in to "unknown zone".

There is a short story on the Paso Limited in the new Cycle World which
may put things in perspective.  If you're looking for a usable Ducati in
the same vein, try the 907 Paso (built in 1991-1993) which cost only a
little bit more and are FAR superior machines.  They had Digital EFI,
well sorted suspension, and none of the problems the early machines had.

By the way, the Paso is named after famed Italian roadracer, Renzo
Pasolini.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Regards,
TJ

TJ Noto		AFM #134  	Cowpoke Racing-"Friends in Slow Places"
http://www.cowpokeracing.com
95 Ducati 916 Strada
96 Ducati Monster 900 (Chela's)
61 Ducati Falcone 80
70 Norton Commando Fastback
73 BMW 3.0 CS ("deviated from museum reliquary standard"-Perez)
97 BMW Z3 (Chela's)
77 Mercedes 280C (Mimosa)
67 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
00 Ford F150 Supercab