High oil pressure?

This one's a bit different. I've had my fair share of
twin cam engines, and I've never seen this sort of
problem before. Neither has my mechanic ...

The Alfetta has developed a nasty habit of blowing the
seal in its oil filter. Typically, this will happen
about a week or so - maybe 100 + Klms - after she's
had the oil filter changed.

Till now we've been looking for issues in the filter
housing, but with no luck. While driving her yesterday
I happenned to notice that the oil pressure was
occasionally getting up to 80psi and perhaps beyond -
virtually off the scale!

Has anyone seen these sorts of issues before? I've not
yet had a chance to tell my mechanic about the high
oil pressure reading - and I also accept that this
could just be a problem with the sensor or the gauge -
but I would like to see this care returned to some
semblance of normalcy, especially now that both of my
105s are laid up.

g.
Gary Stark
gstark@domain.elided