2 74 Berlinas for sale in So Cal (sorry long post)

All,
After much thought I've decided to sell my 2 "extra" Alfa's my current full
time school schedule doesn't allow me enough time to play with cars (for
now). Anyway, I thought I'd offer them here before putting them on E-bay this
weekend. Brief description of both cars is as follows:
Berlina # 1, Daily Beater
1974 (registered as 73, no smog in California). This car has been my
18-year-old non-mechanically inclined daughter's daily driver for about the
last year. It runs well, always starts but seems to be somewhat down on
power. This is probably just an injection tuning issue as the engine has
between 110-120 lbs compression in all cylinders and burns no oil. There is
quite a bit of valve noise so it may also need a valve adjustment. It drives
fine, brakes are good, steering box is great unlike many Alfas of this
vintage. The tranny and clutch are fine although syncros are a little week in
2nd. All lights, switches, wipers etc. work fine. Now the bad, the car has a
salvage title, it was hit hard in the rear at some point, and someone welded
on a new rear clip. There is tons of bondo in the rear and rust in the
bottoms of the doors and above the windshield. In spite of this the car looks
pretty good from about 10 feet away. It is mostly a somewhat attractive shade
of (non-Alfa) blue and has had the ugly rubber bumpers replaced with the
better looking early stainless bumpers. Oh, and the car has been lowered
slightly by some previous owner and will come with somewhat bald 60 series
tires on Alfa steel wheels. Interior is OK with spiffy fake-sheepskin seat
covers.
Berlina #2
Also a 74 registered as a 73. No engine or trans, I pulled the engine out of
this car for car #1 when my daughter knocked the pan off and seized the
engine in car #1. I want to keep the extra engine and trans as parts for my
71 GTV. The body on this Berlina is real straight, there is a little rust in
the bottoms of the rear doors, the rear tire well and a tiny bit above the
windshield. Other then that it's very straight although it may have had some
work done as the paint is not original. The interior is nice and it has new
tires. It has the ugly rubber bumpers but I will include an extra set of
stainless bumpers if they are wanted.
Oh, both cars have slightly cracked windshields, and both have holes in the
dash where a radio should be.
I really would like to sell both together as someone with time could make a
pretty nice car out of the 2 which is what I was planning to do eventually.
Both cars are in Oceanside Ca, 30 miles north of San Diego.
I'd take $800.00 for both, I really think that is a decent price and I can
probably get more if I put them on E-bay.

Jim Hart
Oceanside Ca