GTV6 User Survey

In a message dated 10/27/2002 10:33:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> How many of you out there:
> A) Are silly enough to have a GTV6 as your only car (disassembled
> Opels don't count), let's say only drivable car (if your household
> has two cars and two people that need to drive to work everyday, that
> counts though)?
>
> B) Use a GTV6 as a daily driver but have several back-ups (e.g. Doug S.)?

My trusty 84 GTV6 is my personal car, the one I use and count on.  I can't
exactly say it's my daily driver, since I walk to work and don't need to
drive it every day.

Of course, we do have another car: a 91 Spider which is my BW's daily ride,
and she not only commutes, but needs to drive all over Southern California
from time to time for her daytime occupation, as well as all over the place
for rehearsals and performances in her other life as a working musician.
Having a Spider is also a clever strategy when a group needs to go to lunch
or from one place to another; she never has to volunteer to drive.

Side note on CA traffic: a beautiful Spider day yesterday and we hopped in
from a jaunt down to Newport Beach where there is a nice exhibit of Frank Lloy
d Wright Light Screens (leaded glass windows) at the Orange County Museum of
Art.  On the way, numerous new Jag roadsters (all w/ tops up), most being
driven by seemingly oblivious drivers: one woman was tooling along with her
right blinker flashing as she passed me on the right and then  moved in front
of me.  I was also passed by a shiny new Aston Martin DB7... with a ragtop
Carrera on its tail (Porsche also had the top up, the wimp).

Charlie
LA, CA, USA

Charlie
LA, CA, USA