Re: how many GTV6's still in use?

Except for a brief period where I had a 2 mile commute, the GTV6 has been my
daily ride for the past 8 years.  The wife drives something much newer and
not from Italy (long story).  We also have an old Nissan 4wd pickup that gets
used to haul stuff once every several weeks, but it's so tired that I don't
know if it'll last much longer.

If a tree fell on my Alfa, I don't think I'd replace it with another,
though.  It took me me long enough to find a decent one way back when.
I'd imagine attrition would make it that much harder for me to find
a replacement V6 Alfa before I get sick of taking the bus (public transit
takes 1.25hrs to get to work; driving myself takes 12 mins).  Except for the
Lotus Super Seven, open top cars just aren't my thing so a Spider would
be out of the question.

Tying back to a much older thread, I think that's why some people own
multiple copies of orphan cars.  In case one gets badly damaged, they
don't have to resort to driving a non-orphan brand.

Tying back to a not-quite-as-old thread, if a tree fell on my Alfa,
I think the Mini Cooper S would be on my test-drive list.

-Dennis
Sunnyvale, CA
'85 GTV6