From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Watry, Andrew (LNG-SFR)
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 7:52 AM
To: 'alfa-digest@domain.elided'
Subject: vent wings

Vent wings (also known as wind wings when I grew up in the 60s) also have
the function of keeping the airflow from being turbulent in the interior
when the main window is rolled down.   I always thought that was their main
practical purpose. In the 60s there was no stigma associated with smoking;
at least not that I ever saw. Both my parents smoked, and never worried
about offending anyone else in the car, so there was no need to hold the
cigarette near the wind wing.  I never saw that done.  I also never heard
anyone, including me, complain about smoking at the time.

Oops, not much Alfa content.

Andrew Watry