Those rubber carb mounts isolate the carbs from more than just vibration. They act as insulators to prevent the intake manifold heat from conducting to the carb bodies. I ran Webers on a V12 XKE, and while vibration there wasn't a factor, heat still was, and that setup had phenolic heat insulators between the carbs and manifolds.

Regards,

Dean

At 01:27 AM 10/28/2002, you wrote:

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:24:32 EST
From: BCNRYAN@domain.elided
Subject: weber install without isolator?

I currently have webers with the rubber mounting method. Does anyone have any
experience running the webers without the rubber isolators? I know there must
be vibration problems but wonder how useful the isolators are. It would be
nice to gain an inch by leaving them off.
thanks
Bruce Ryan
62 giulietta ss
track and ( field, almost Saturday)/ weekend driver