Timing light answers

Before segueing into the timing light comments, must admit for oh these
many decades it still seems most weird to be still up and about in this
seemingly midnight darkness. Whoever the f__k invented "Daylight Savings
Time" should be drawn and quartered and his (I'm guessing a his) various
and assundry parts placed in a SUV and cast off the white cliffs of
Dover.

Damn good riddance I say.

Meanwhile back at the timing light ranch: The consensus seems to be
screw F and make M (maximum advance) the goal. A bit of pinging? Back
off a wee bit.

Since today was a bodywork day in Irwindale (nothing like applying black
primer in the dead of late afternoon), retiming didn't quite fit into
the schedule (or shed-u-le for our friends who live near Dover).

I'm guessing working backwards must work, (to repeat) since this was /
is the consensus of opinion. I certainly do appreciate all of the info
and comments - most certainly the 'how to' timing light 'lectures' from
Dana Loomis and Dean W. Cains - and no, that is not meant in the least
bit as a facetious comment.

I was slightly surprised no one suggested how to fix / modify the
MarelliPlex's centrifugal advance. Once again, apparently I'm not alone
with this problem. Well aware it is a spring 'situation', but how and
which one?

Biba
Irwindale (pitch black at 6:36 in the 'afternoon'), CA USA