GTV6 runinng again

Hi all

Further to my woes with the 82 GTV6, she is now up & running again. I
had to admit defeat in the search for what was causing her not to start,
so I called in my friend, an ace mechanic. He fairly quickly found that
the fuel pump relay had a dry joint caused by it (the relay) having
overheated at some time (probably on the day that the troubles started -
I had a not-very-pleasant drive into town with fair traffic and over 30
degrees Celsius ambient temperature). He replaced a slightly worn fuel
hose at the same time, and fixed the relay and all systems are now go.

In related on-topic news, my mechanic friend has just bought a red 'sud,
and I'll try and get him to subscribe to the list soon.

Many thanks to all for their suggestions and concern!

Ciao

Zak