from the steep side of the learning curve

Gentle Alfisti,
Yesterday I stripped the threads from one of the flywheel bolts on the 1750.
Actually, the threads were stripped from one of the two clamping pieces
behind the crankshaft sealing flange. The parts in question are captured by
the rear main bearing and appear to be a pair of half-rounds that each have
four threaded holes to receive the eight flywheel bolts. I haven't yet
removed the oil sump, but when I do I am praying that these parts are
accessible without pulling the crankshaft. If anyone can shed some light on
this predicament I would certainly appreciate it.
Up to my butt in difficulty,
Modelle in Somers Point