Re: GTV questions (foglight alternatives)

At 01:08 PM 10/25/02 +0000, you wrote:
First,  does anyone know of an alternative for the two small fog lights (
74 GTV ) in the grille ?  Maybe something with a driving beam or at least
with a replaceable bulb ( non-sealed beam ) ?

In my 1750 GTV and Berlina I replaced the fogs with sealed high beams, then simply changed the wiring at the fuse box so that the "fog lights" were switched of the high beam position of the headlight switch. Note that you will have to cut some positioning notches in the foglight bucket so the seal beam unit's "nibs" will fit in correctly. With this setup, the fogs - now high beams - will operate off the fog switch only when headlights are activated, and will go off when highbeam switch is dipped. That is the good news, the bad news is that when I tried this on my 73 GTV I could never get the wiring to work the same way. Perhaps someone else knows why.

//kct