Challenge car drag races..

I know a few people on this board were interested in hearing how the GRM Challenge spider would actually do on the drag strip.

Well, let me get through the excuses first...  The ignition would not fire over 7psi boost, and autocross tires are very hard to hook up for drag racing.

That being said, we got 2 runs just under 15.6 seconds at about 88mph.

So, we are looking for drag racing tires in either 14" or 15"- contact me if you know where some used ones are...  And we are changing the control system to a better one (that happens to also be cheaper).  The TEC II is what also powers Bonnie, which runs up to 24lb of boost without any problems.  So I think 15psi will be ok.

Eric Storhok
Powertrain System Development
Powertrain Research and Development
(313)33x75011