Welcome to Guido

Hi Alfisti,

Just a quick note to welcome the latest 164 to Rancho AlfaBill... Guido is
an odd 164, bought in Chicago area over a year ago, off the internet. Just
pics...a phone call and a truck service. Dame truck cost almost as much as
the car!  Oddly, this black beastie has some euro goodies, a locking gas
cap and the old filler neck, and original Euro Elma headlamps. How they got
there is a mystery.... Guido had a very crunchy transmission (ZF of course)
and I had a spare in a parts car. So after a frustrating series of trials
to get it in place, a buddy visiting from Australia explained Zen and the
art of torque converters. All was well and I can say Guido has been worked
on by a genuine Aussie rally car mechanic....

So today, title and $$ in hand, I visited the DMV, paid the tax and picked
up a new Florida 9-11 tribute plate, and off we drove, leaky flex pipe and
all....

So, I'll have to say that it's a piece of Obsidian in the rough. The car
has soul though... don't they all? This one's a keeper.

AlfaBill
http://alfabill.com
Leatherique, Alfa parts, PowerFlex and more...