US car market again

With all due respect, I'm gonna have to disagree again...

Let's say I'm a buyer in the $25k range (plus or minus $5k), and I
want a sporty or image-type car (NOT a large market---more on that later).
My current choices: Acura NSX, Acura CL or TL, Audi A4, BMW 3 series (stripped),
Cadillac CTS (not likely, but in the market), Chrysler 300M (drive one before you scoff),
Chrysler PT Cruiser (especially the new GT/Turbo with 200+HP or the convertable),
Chrysler Sebring LXi, Dodge Neon SRT-4 (another 200+ HP compact),
Ford Focus SVT and Mustang, Honda Civic Si, Hyundai Tiburon, Infiniti G20,
Jaguar X-Type, Lexus IS300, Mazdaspeed Protoge, Mazda RX-8, Mercedes C (stripped),
MINI, Mitsubishi Eclipse/Spyder, Nissan 350Z, Nissan Altima SE, Pontiac Vibe GT, Pontiac
Grand Am, Saab 9-3, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Matrix/Celica GT, Volkswagon Golf/Jetta/Beetle GTI,
Volvo S40 and S60.

You just have to be kidding now.

I see the Audi A4/VW products, the low line BMW, the Ford Focus just maybe, the Mazda Turbo, the SAAB 9 3, and the Subaru WRX. The rest are HOPELESS as potential competitors for an Alfa lover. The PT cruiser????? That is the most ridiculous vehicle for any sporting driver to aspire to, it's a minibus for chrissakes. The Chrysler 300M would be a possibility except Chrysler still doesn't equip its cars with brakes at the factory. Is there an aftermarket solution to this problem? If so, why hasn't Chrysler found it?

You cannot seriously think you can actually get a Jaguar X Type for $30,000 do you? Would you want one?

The rest of those cars are either japanese or crap or both. Now the Infiniti, the Acuras and the Lexus are nice cars but hardly competition for the European car lover.

Cheers

Michael

Michael Smith
White 1991 164L