RE: Broken Vent Window

My vent window is broke on my 71 Spider too.  What I did was apply tape to
each side of the glass to lessen the mess and just continue breaking the
glass.  I'm assuming you have safety glass-it breaks up into little
pieces.  After removing the largest part, I then took a screwdriver and
went into the channel and pryed the remaining pieces out.  Make sure you
wear leather gloves!  My window is being replaced by an insurance company
under my comprehensive coverage and they still haven't located a
replacement part in almost 3 weeks.  Any one out there have any leads for
this glass?