Autocrossing a Stock 105/115...

Tim,
I used to autocross our GTV dead stock...  Not too much fun at the time, but
I think you have a good plan to keep the car planted.

When I pulled apart the entire suspension to convert to Street Prepared, I
found virtually all of my bushings totally shot, especially the ones on the
lower A arms on the front (even though "they never fail").

Although we don't use SCCA's rules, I believe the only things you are
allowed to change in Stock class are the shocks and front sway bars.
Bushings must remain stock (but can be new).  You could probably stretch the
rules a little to put in urethane bushings- they are hard to see- but that
is up to you.

Also, are you planning on getting racing tires (Kuhmo's or Hoosiers)?
Again, my car might have been a bad example, but when it was stock, the car
was much more fun on street tires, as the R's would overwhelm the front
suspension (even with a heavier sway bar), and the car would end up with
terminal understeer (no fun in any car).

Have fun, these cars are a blast!  And if you can keep up with the Miata's-
trade cars during fun runs to show your competitors how difficult it is to
drive an Alfa fast.

Eric Storhok
Powertrain System Development
Powertrain Research and Development