nice chat w/ Alfa dealer

Friday I went picking my 75 back from workshop (brakes and front
bearing adjustment), and stopped by the sales division just to pick
coupla brochures.

We discussed about the Alfa and the 156GTA market.
It came out that:
-The 147 GTA will be on the 30,000-35,000 euros range, in Italy.
-He already sold four 156GTA, and plans to sell other 2-4. That ain't
 a car for the masses cuz it's requires more efford due to the power,
 mileage, tires, and things like that. BUT that should pull the rest
 of the range sales. So that the 147 GTA: will be sold in few units,
 but that will support the fame of the brand, making the 105 and 120hp
 version being sold around (lovely he didn't mentioned the JTD! HA!).

When I claimed that upon my tests I do believe the GTA shuld have been
RWD, or better AWD, ... and that Fiat HAS a good AWD system out of the
Delta Integrale and 155 Q4.... he said:
-It's important, nowadays, to have FRESH products. The Delta AWD would
be surely fun, but that ain't a MODERN thing. It's aged on such a
technological car, and Fiat needs a brand new system.
-W/O General Motor, with the actual situation, it's quite hard to
imagine Fiat developing a brand new sport AWD system for these cars
that would surely benefit out of it.

Anyway he said that in the following years (by 2006 or 2010) something
like 16 different models are already being projected, giving a complete
renewal to th whole alfa range, that actually is based on renewals
or tune-up of a current range (156 & 147), a nice but ain't new
top line car (166) and two definitely AGED sporty cars (GTV and SPider)
that will just get a reshape (on this topic, I'd add that these 2
models will be retouched, and added up with the 3.2 V6 engine....).

I just wanted to share
Luca

nodoubt,
"With dreams to be a king first one should be a man" Joey DeMaio
937, 75 Turbo, RM250

http://nvr2fst.supereva.it