Miata faults vs Alfa faults

Guys,

Let's not get into which cars have more faults Japanese or Itailian, because us Alfa guys are going to lose!  Every car has faults, but the difference is whether the manufacturer corrects the problems or do they let it linger.  Why are the Honda's, Lexus, Toyota's, BMW, Mercedes all at the top of the most reliable and most sold list every year?  Do they not have problems with their cars when released to the public?  Sure they do, they just service them under warranty right away (no parts delay) or correct the problem on the assembly line for the next batch of production (usually the next model year).  Alfa's or most actually most Italian car makers and the British (at least use to be Jaguar, Aston, Rover) car makers would let it go, not make any changes until they feel like it.

Look at this Miata timeline vs. an Alfa timeline:

Miata
1990 - Cam problems, battery problems
1991 - Cam & Battery problems solved

Alfa:
2nd gear problem from I don't know when and even till recent times, never fixed.

Head gaskets from again I don't know when till now.

GTV6 - Tensioner problem, head gasket problem, electrical problems (windows, wipers slow), AC problems

Milano - (6 years later) Tensioner problem still there, head gasket somewhat solved, electrical solved with strong alternator, AC compressor changed.  ABS problems, door lock problems.

164L+S - (3 years later) Tensioner problem not solved until 92-93? with new style tensioner.  ABS changed, door locks changed.  Seat motor problems, headrest motor problems, stepper motor problems, leaky adjustable shocks (164S), lose connectors

164LS+Q - (3 years later) Seat and head rest motors fixed, aircraft type connectors finally used (after ??? years).  Stepper motor problem still there and leaky shocks still there.

Let's no get into the Spider!

Yes, some Alfa parts last beyond their life, like my Verde has had parts which lasted longer than on friend's Honda or VW.  But my friend's 1992 Honda Accord 240,000 miles has the original clutch and brake master, no rebuild on the motor (excellent compression and leak down), interior perfect, original window switches and motors.  Explain that.

I love my Alfas with all its faults, but I will never say that my car is more reliable or has less faults than others.

Alan
88 Milano 3.0
91 Miata