Alfa Romeo reference in movie 'Dirty Dancing'! Go figure?

Hate to say I was watching this movie the other night(wife made me!) and heard
an interesting reference to Alfa Romeo.

Remember, the movie is set in 1963 in a Catskills hotel.

One of the bus boys at the hotel is making a pass at a pretty guest and says
something like, "...if the tips stay like this I should have enough money soon
to buy my Alfa Romeo..."

To which she says, "That's my FAVORITE car!"

Pretty obscure for such a mainstream chick flick!