Re: Hard starting spider

Chris Wrote:

> My '87 Spider is giving me some trouble when starting.  When starting
> the car, it will crank for several seconds without catching.  I
> typically have to turn the key off again and crank again.  When it does
> finally start, I typically have to immediately feather the throttle

I had a very similar problem in my '87, especially in very hot (90+) weather.
Check the rubber hose that goes from the air flow meter to the plenum
for any leaks, especially in the accordion area right next to the AFM.
You can get replacements from the usual suspects. It's not exactly cheap
($30-$40, IIRC) but it worked for me. Good luck.

-Jason Arrington
'87 Spider Quad
Springville, UT