re: Milano Verde shifter needs rebuild, short shift kit??

hi derek,

i saw a coupla responses about an aftermarket kit, but if all ya wanna do is get rid of the rattle, get under the car, pull the heatshield off, that sets between the cat & the shifter, and tighten the nut/bolt/sleeve at the bottom of the gear shift lever, where it attaches to the 1st horizontal linkage.  get some good stiff grease on it, to help keep it from rattling.  if ya tighten it *too* much, shifting effort is adwersely affected.  plan on doing this every year or three...  ;~)

doug s.
   Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:07:55 -0700
   From: "Derek Ealy" <dealy663@domain.elided>
   Subject: Milano Verde shifter needs rebuild, short shift kit??

   I have an 88 Milano Verde. The shifter has begun to rattle so I figure
   that some things need to be replaced in the linkage. While I have things
   taken apart, I might as well install a short shift kit if one is
   available. Does anyone know of shuch a beastie for the Milano?

   Also does anyone know where I can get the replacement parts for my
   shifter, to tighten things up again. My shifter develops an audible buzz
   while the car is in gear and being driven. If I rest my hand on the
   shifter the buzz stops.

   Thanks, Derek