Re: European delivery programs

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 01:05:13 -0400 John Hertzman <johnhertzman@domain.elided> wrote:
> The savings about paid our airfare (on Icelandic) but not
> the
> whole summer.

when my parents bought a 1977 benz, similarly the money saved covered the
family airfare and that was about it, as i recall.

> These were
> generally
> factory programs- the factories were not lobbying Congress to prevent
> it, at
> least not while I was watching.

as far as i know, the factories have continued these programs for years and
years.

> I have heard that several
> companies run their ships loaded both ways, selling South Carolina-built
> Eurocars in Europe, but that may be just another of those stories.

nope, not a story. labor costs in US factories are cheaper than in German
factories.

richard