Re: Milano Verde shifter needs rebuild, short shift kit??

On Friday, October 11, 2002, at 06:04  PM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:07:55 -0700
From: "Derek Ealy" <dealy663@domain.elided>
Subject: Milano Verde shifter needs rebuild, short shift kit??

I have an 88 Milano Verde. The shifter has begun to rattle so I figure
that some things need to be replaced in the linkage. While I have things
taken apart, I might as well install a short shift kit if one is
available. Does anyone know of shuch a beastie for the Milano?
There used to be a replacement shifter mechanism available for both the GTV-6 and the Milano by Shankle and available from Alfa Ricambi. Unfortunately, they are no more. THis kit supposedly tightened-up the shift pattern and made it more precise.

Also does anyone know where I can get the replacement parts for my
shifter, to tighten things up again. My shifter develops an audible buzz
while the car is in gear and being driven. If I rest my hand on the
shifter the buzz stops.
Try Alfa Parts Exchange in Tracy Ca. Call either Larry Jr. or Michael at 1-(209) 833-8330. They should be able to help you out.

George Graves
86 GTV-6