RE: Flywheels

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:21:23, Obie Fayth" <bibendum59@domain.elided> writes:

>Here's a couple of seemingly unrelated questions about flywheels I have been
>wondering about. Anyone know the answers?
>
>1.  How does the flywheel sensor on bosch injected spiders work? Are there
>notches/teeth/magnets in the flywheel?

    The Bosch L-Jet has two identical inductive pickup sensors on the bellhousing.  One reads a trigger pin for TDC.  The other reads the teeth off the flywheel for engine rpm.

    As far as I know, the Motronic Spider has no sensors on the flywheel.  There is a single sensor on the crank pulley that reads both TDC ( from the missing teeth) and engine rpm (from the teeth that aren't missing).

>2.  Will the flywheel from a verde bolt on to a 2.5l engine or are there
>modifications required?

    Sorry.  Can't help you there.

>thanks in advance,
>- -Obie
>Tacoma, Wa.
>164S x 1 - running (yeah!)
>GTV6 x 2 - waiting patiently for transaxle transplant
>Alfetta GT - hibernating

Cheers,
Charlie