Aircraft fittings and brake lines

Sointly not trying to compete with Our Richard (and he obviously knows
bunches more about this than I do) but Ridged also makes a very solid 37
degree (No. 377) flaring tool for the same set of tubing sizes as his
Aircraft Spruce Imperial flaring tool.

Not a clue how the money (cost) shakes out (compares), but Ridged does
make Very good tools.

Possibly they're the same, but also have mine in front of me - I use an
Imperial Eastman 367-FH 1/8 - 3/16 - 1/4 (") tube bender.

I've never tried the difficult / expensive double flare for the original
fittings, but if one completely replaces their brake lines and uses
Earls' adapters, your brake line system will look like something out of
a WW II submarine and has the 'possibility' of leaking like the one in
"Das Boot" under bombardment because you've doubled the connections (or
would that be tripled?). Since the adapters (might be wrong here) are
aluminum, they need to be tight, but no more than the correct tightness,
'cause a few degrees more tightness will crack the adapters. Not the
material I would use. There are special aluminum wrenches so you won't
get carried away - but then again it's aircraft stuff which in theory is
bullet proof.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

(Waiting for my call from 'The Man' to be straightened out).