Re: Compression

How was the compression on this engine after few thousand miles?

I changed oil to Mobil 15W-50 yesterday and drove it warm. Nice car but it starts to be cold out there for driver...
I haven't poured any addictives to that oil I have read from somewhere it should have the washing ability by itself. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Blinkers will be next item to bring back to life.
Top needs replacing, is there experiences or DIY instructions on it on the web?

Heikki Rinta-Koski
-76 Alfa Spider

My younger brother bought a Chevy 350 to put in a 29 Model A street rod he
built from the ground up, including the frame, that was frozen up. He worked
the cylinders loose using oil and rust penetrate and got it freed up.
Started it up and it smoke like heck. Compression was so-so on all but one
cylinder. Short story its been in the car now for a year and a half, he's
put 15,000 miles on it.

If the motors in the car change the oil and run it for a few thousand miles
it may get better like his did.

Cordova Ralph