GTV 105 rear-end "clunk"

I have a mystery clunk from the rear of my 1967 GTV. It seems to come
from the right side and happen on right hand bends, ie when that side is
uncompressed, but also on very bumpy roads.

I've been systematically fixing everything I've thought it could be...so
have replaced trunnion to diff. bushings (poly), rear trailing arm
bushes, new doughnut, new rear shocks, new rear springs. I've checked
driveshaft Ujs and splines (they're perfect) and there is no rear sway
bar.

There is some play in the rear wheels, I haven't changed the bearing yet
because I understand that some play is normal - but if that's excessive
could that cause a clunking?

Also (for a further clue), I have recently noticed some play in the
driveline, a clunk as the throttle is pressed and another as it's let
off (only round town in 1st/2nd gear). It could be the same clunk - but
it's hard to say.

So which are the parts that can wear in the driveline from the
differential backwards/outwards? Especially those than can cause my
clunk?

Thanks as always,
Richard Lane