Re: 164 Part needed

Giller,Bruce C. wrote:
Why not just take it to a welding shop and have them weld it? Probably
won't cost more than $25 to have it done if you clean off the piece so
that there isn't any prep work to be done.

My new 164S, has a cracked differential oil seal cover (engine/passenger side.) It's a 3" square aluminum cover held on with four bolts, and it has a hole in it that the intermediate shaft plugs into.
My 164S is the first "nice" car I've ever owned. I was hoping I could find a replacement part and keep it as pristine as possible. Since no one has contacted me concerning a replacement, I probably will have it welded professionally. JBWeld or Aluma-weld rods probably aren't going to cut it due to the nature of the crack.

--Mark