Please, please don't buy a MAC

Nick, All, was I just simply too subtle?

It was a terribly selfish posting. I don't want you to all run out and
buy Far Superior MAC's so that the bad virus folk out there will start
writing 'programs' for MAC's. I was under the impression MAC's were
impervious to virus's which is apparently not the case. They are much
harder to infect, but not immune. I gather the same is true with Linux.

I suspect all the people writing in regarding virus warnings / comments
to the Digest are on Windows / PC's.

Probably true Biba.. but at least for the email virus situation, it's not just being a PC makes you vulnerable,
or even using Windows, it's using Microsoft Outlook. (that is if you don't count Outlook coming free as part
of Windows)
I have been a long time Netscape user, now a Mozilla user, and therby use Netscape/Mozilla mail client..
which is IMMUNE to all these nasty mail infections! So it's never been a problem for me.. I still have to
be careful to not open suspicious attachments, but even if I catch anything, it can't raid my address book to
mail everyone I've ever corresponded with, and spread..

Why there are so many Win/IE/Outlook viruses, is because it's easy and they are in the majority.

Just thought it worth the comment..
Jon