Spider drive train

Oh Oh,

After hoping that the thump thump under my seat when starting from a stop
was simply a loose muffler, I looked to find the guibo split.

Any stop gap,  jackleg, shadetree solutions suggested till I can get if
fixed?
Did I split it by driving with my foot flat on the floor away from every
traffic light? (I hate to look at a Honda Civic with a coffee can exhaust
from the back)

Nick
Apex, NC
'84 Spider