Re: GTV6 steering column, turn signal switch

My column also shows some amount of play (I can 'wobble' it and move it
axially, about 2-3mm).  This appears to be caused by a worn nylon bushing
holding the column in place in the adjustment mechanism.  It also appears
that the worst that will happen is the play will get worse to a point,
then the column and the sliding adjustment block themselves will start
to wear.  It looks very unlikely it will completely come apart.  Still,
a good idea to fix it (I'm saying this to myself as much as to you :-)

This seems to be a hit or miss problem.  My '84 gtv6 has the issue,
but two '86s of similar mileage I saw a week ago didn't, and my much
older and much higher mileage Alfetta doesn't.

james montebello