Re; More Virus (NAC)

Both Mike Nakamura and Joe Cantrell posted notes in AD8-1180 on new/current
virus activity. I have up-to-date Norton anti-virus on my system, and in the
last several days it has been quarantining far more messages addressed to me
with both Klez and Yaha infections than at anytime recently. In addition,
yesterday and today I received two convincingly Alfa-specific messages which
did NOT get stopped by Norton antivirus, and which had attachments but no text
message. I did not open either of the attachments but did send replies saying
that I had not done so and was not going to open anything unless I knew in
advance that it was not bogus. On one of the replies I got a message back that
my outgoing reply was infected and had been purged; on the other of the
replies I got a 'permanent fatal error' message that the address from which it
ostensibly had come was unknown.

Both cases were, as Joe Cantrell mentioned in his post, highly Alfa-specific;
the first was ostensibly from digest-regular Cordova Ralph (Rfetsch) with a
subject line about Tom Sahines' ARA hotline, the other was ostensibly from
'Veloce' with a subject line 'Borrani wheels".

I am somewhere near the bottom end of barely computer-literate; I know enough
to keep the latest Norton anti-virus up to date, and do so, but that is about
it. If anyone wants to offer a next-stage tutorial for people like me, or to
point us in the right direction, I would welcome it. Beyond that, I'm deleting
as quickly as I can anything that comes in past Norton with an attachment
unless I know in advance from someone I know and trust that it is genuine.

John H.