Re: alfa-digest V8 #1175

In a message dated 10/1/2002 12:44:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Just now read my posting about how the manual gave no information about
> working on the radio antenna, and realized I had also given no
> information as to what kind of car I was talking about. It's an '87
> Milano Gold...

The electric lift mechanism on those is known to be a problem; they usually
don't work for long.  I've heard of replacing them with something cheaper
from K-Mart that works well.  But in either case, the mechanism, which is
also where the antenna connects to the wire going forward to the radio, is
pretty easy to reach through the trunk.  If there's no info and you establish
there's something wrong along the run of the antenna cable, Mr. Lazy (me)
suggests it is not worth fixing; it would be better to forget it and start
over with a new cable from the radio to the antenna and leave the broken one
for archaeologists to discover.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA