Re: Spider handling

In a message dated Tue, 01 Oct 2002 01:24:58 +0000, C M Smith :

> On one of the few occasions I drove a Spider I learned that they oversteer.
> In second or third gear, I suspect second, through a rather enticing
> temporary S bend across a gap in the median due to a construction detour, I
> was driving my friend's spider with the LSD rear end, Spax shocks and an
> added rear anti roll bar. I would describe the handling as snap oversteer.
> The correction came automatically and was child's play to achieve, good
> thing since it came unexpectedly. I concur that the Spider tail steps out
> about 20 degrees without a whole lot of provocation, is easy to catch, and
> fun to drive. I guess one would get used to the very brief
> warning signs
> before the tail lets go, wouldn't one?

Micheal,

I drive a Spider regularly and that paragraph sums up the handling characteristics perfectly!

Brian
'82 Spider (slip slidin' away)
'95 Celica (no matter how hard I try, I can't get this thing to lose grip... and I've tried hard!)